* Healthy Step-Families

Healthy Step-Families
by Steve Arterburn

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

In 1990 I was given the privilege of a lifetime: the opportunity to adopt a wonderful little girl who has forever changed my life my precious daughter Madeline.

In 2005, I made a new journey into fatherhood as two little boys became my stepsons. James and Carter are so smart and loving. It’s been a tremendous blessing for me to be what they call their “bonus Dad” and for them to be my “bonus boys.”

And this past year, I became a biological father with the birth of my son, Solomon. I’m now a thrice-blessed man and I believe no less than three times a better man as well.

I know from experience that there’s amazing potential in blended families, as well as formidable challenges. There are a lot of sug­gestions and a lot of rules and boundaries blended families should consider. But the most important one of all is to keep God at the center of your home.

The best way for you to develop these character traits is to have a vibrant relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

“Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” -Charles R. Swindoll (1934-)

No comments: