* A Day with You

~~~ A Day with You ~~

I woke up this morning, with you on my mind,
I remember my blessings, so gentle and kind,
Whispers and friendship, with a fire in the spirit,
I'm so grateful you allow me to share it,

The gift of your mirror, is special to me,
For when I gaze in it, I know what you see,
A sinner who's careless in thought, word, and deed,
I'm humbled by knowledge, you planted the seed,

And if I spend enough time, loving you,
You always forgive me, and show me the truth,
Mistakes that I make, you help me correct,
When I give them to you, we always connect,

My heart gives me pain, to think of your loss,
You gave your sweet Jesus, to die on the cross,
To atone for all sinners, you knew it must be,
Yet I know in my soul, you did it for me,

Correct me oh Lord, when I fail in your Word,
As I give in to flesh, and the things I have heard,
God give me the wisdom, to do what is right,
In Your Holy eyes, in Your gracious light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Father for a new day, make your promises new to me this morning, let your hope rise in me.I pray your purpose would be my purpose today, to love you and love others.tt