* Divine Promises

A Prayer of Divine Promises

Glorious Lord of all--
All your promises in Christ Jesus shall be fulfilled.
You have spoken them, and they shall be done,
commanded, and they shall come to pass.

Yet I have often doubted them,
and lived at times as if there was no God.

Lord, forgive me that I have found something apart from You,
when I have been content with momentary things.
But through Your grace I have repented;
You have given me pardon in the wounds of Jesus,
and my soul trusts in Him, my God incarnate,
the ground of my life, the spring of my hope.

Teach me to be resigned to Your will,
to delight in Your law,
to have no will but Your will,
to believe that everything You do is for my good.

Help me to leave my concerns in Your hands,
for You have power over evil,
and bring from it infinite progression of good,
until Your purposes are fulfilled.

Bless me with Abraham’s faith,
that staggers not as promises through unbelief.

May I not instruct You in my troubles,
but glorify You in my trials;
Grant me a distinct advance in the divine life;
May I reach a higher platform,
leave the mists of doubt and fear in the valley,
and climb to the hill-tops of eternal security in Christ,
by simply believing He cannot lie,
or turn from His purpose.

Give me the confidence I ought to have in Him,
who is worthy to be praised, and who is blessed for evermore. Amen.

No comments: