Special CR 12th Step Opportunity

12. Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and practice these principles in all our affairs.

Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. (Galatians 6:1)

Our Dear Brother Virgil has had a special opportunity to reach out to men in need...and now we have an opportunity to give.

If you can give, please bring any items to the CR Information Table on Friday nights...or better yet, just bring whatever and someone will get the items where they need to go!

From Virgil:

I mentioned to you over the wonderful weekend we had at church, I have been working with agroup of men on Thursday evenings at this facility in
Los Angeles for a month or so now.

My wife Lovie has been working with the women for about 6 months and has seen some changed attitudes and lives. I believe its the giving and sharing of the love of Christ that has made an impact.

The center is called Los Angeles Transitional Center (LATC). It houses about 100 people total most being men. Some come in off the streets, some court ordered, some by different means. The sharing of the love of Christ is where the beautiful Christian men of CR I know come in.


Click here to watch a video from the Center

These guys are needy!

Practically anything you or I would need these men need. I recently cleaned out my closet of suits I could no longer fit and ties. I am going through my shirts and shoes tomorrow.

I took two chess boards that I had sitting around for several years and blessed two guys. I never used those boards! So, this is the kind of thing I am talking about.

Whatever you or I would use in our daily lives as men However, I believe that each man can let the Holy Spirit lead them to WHATEVER they want to bless these men with!

Here are some things that come to my mind:

Clothes

shoes

shirts

suits

pants

belts

socks

underclothes

toiletries (soaps, tooth brushes, deodorants, etc)

towel

someone donated some tickets to the Barnum Bailey circus on 7/17/08

someone donated a new wallet

At Saturday night baptism service one guy asked a worker for a towel

Again, whatever comes to their hearts is a blessing to these Men!

Thanks for sharing this with the guys!

Any questions call me!

Have a Blessed Day!

Virgil L Brown

(818) 917-7006 cell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I met Lovie Brown here. Please BEWARE! She has hurt so many people in Jesus name and has done major damage to the body of Christ. The most toxic person I have ever met who says I love Jesus. Want a liar! Stop hurting God's people with your evil ass. I hate the day I met you, talked to you and sat down with you. Hope you're found dead because of all the pain you brought to people.