* The Recovery Principle

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.--I Corinthians 15:10

Immaturity is a great hindrance to growing in Christ. When a believer allows it to dominate him. He is literally allowing Satan to rob his entire reason for living.

Immaturity is caused by a lack of grace applied to the soul. Whenever the Christian fails, it is so important for them to make the recovery principle in I John 1:9 a living reality; “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

He must realize that we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But, just as Paul said in I Corinthians 15:10, we are what we are by the grace of God.

When the grace is not applied to the believer's soul, he lives in his old frame of reference, which could have been formed by rejection, materialism, or covetousness. He is still in bondage to the basic principles of the world.

The believer must remember who he is in Christ to prevent himself from falling into this. He must understand that he is risen with Christ, and that grace is given to all who love Jesus Christ. Most of all, God has already provided the strength to go on. God's promises say you can go from "strength to strength" and that you will flourish.

As you learn to appropriate the grace of God in your life, it will become a shield to you as you grow into maturity. You will not be tempted to draw back because you know that you are being upheld by God's everlasting arms.

Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.--Ephesians 6:24

No comments: